KUNSTHALLE PRAHA HLEDÁ DO SVÉHO TÝMU KOLEGU/KOLEGYNI NA POZICI PRODUKČNÍ
01. říjen 2018
Kunsthalle Praha seeks an experienced Production Manager to support the production of exhibitions, installations, special projects and events organized by Kunsthalle Praha. Reporting to the Head of Exhibitions, the successful candidate coordinates the planning, management and execution of complex visual art exhibitions, projects, events and related efforts.
Job description and major job responsibilities:
Job title: Production Manager
Direct supervisor: Head of Exhibitions
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the planning and production of exhibitions, events and programs developed by the curatorial team;
- Proposes plans, policies, and procedures affecting the production of exhibitions;
- Coordinates the work of exhibition contributors and stakeholders such as registrars, preparators, designers, educators, interpreters, curators, marketing and events staff among others. Initiates and leads a variety of exhibition planning and development meetings;
- Coordinates the exhibition design, gallery remodeling, fabrication and installation process; Monitors the work of outside consultants and vendors;
- Manages the production of publications, educational and marketing materials in cooperation with the relevant staff members;
- Arranges permits and licenses required for installations in public space and/or on the building façade;
- Assembles, manages and monitors detailed budgets for exhibitions and other initiatives;
- Develops and maintains shared costs budgets, and prepares final reconciliations with outside partners;
- Manages the production and dissemination of project information and the organization of resources. Includes schedules, tasks, funds, materials and people, working collaboratively across multiple departments;
- Develops exhibition agreements with national and international museums, cultural partners, lenders, and guest curators;
- Conducts exhibition-related administrative tasks: compiles and analyses statistics, creates and processes payments for vendors, exhibition lenders and others, schedules travel.
- University degree, preferably in Art Management, Museum studies or another relevant area
- Minimum 3 years of experience in exhibition coordination, production management and project management in the visual arts sector, 5 or more preferred
- Experience with managing budgets and financial reporting
- General knowledge of applicable law and experience in contract negotiation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven organizational and interpersonal skills
Proven skills in budgeting and financial reporting
Strong written and oral communication skills in Czech and English, knowledge of other foreign languages is an advantage
Proven ability to address complex issues, and resolve conflicts
Proven ability to multi-task and coordinate high-volume work
Hands-on approach and attention to detail
The canditates who are interested in this position please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your email.
Kunsthalle Praha is a newly emerging space for art and culture in Prague´s historical centre. It will offer visitors a wide range of exhibitions and educational projects, cultural events and social activities. Kunsthalle Praha´s mission is to contribute to a deeper understanding of Czech and international art of the 20th and 21st centuries and to communicate this with a dynamic, contemporary programme to the broadest possible public.